Monday, December 5, 2011

Deck the Halls...and living room and kitchen and bathroom and...

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!  I love to decorate for Christmas, but I love even more when it is done and I can sit on the couch by the light of the tree and listen to Christmas music and sip a peppermint mocha while working on Christmas cards or wrapping presents (neither of which are done yet, so I can't get too excited!)

I had a hard time deciding on my color scheme and theme this year, but here it is...purple, cream and copper and gold/fruit and floral.  I like it!  Cranberry-red is still my all-time favorite Christmas color, but it's fun to switch it up.  I had to remove all the red from my living room because it clashed with the tree, but my mom is using red this year so we swapped accessories.  I have her coppery-terra cotta colored throw pillows and she has my ticking-stripe red ones!  And she lent me her purple grape clusters and I lent her my red Christmas tree skirt.  Fun, huh/eh?

I did scare my daughter when I was decorating.  I couldn't reach a branch on the top of the tree, and I was already as high as I could go on the ladder, so I stood with one foot on the rung and braced my other foot against the stones of the fireplace and l-e-a-n-e-d carefully towards the branch, grasped it and pulled it towards me, and heard my daughter gasp, "Mom!  Don't!"  She is scared to stand on a step-ladder, so I know this freaked her out!  But all is well.  No mishaps, thus no funny stories to tell!  So now I'm signing off to clean up my mess.....fa la la la la, la la la LA!










1 comment:

  1. These pictures DO NOT do the decorations justice. They are so pretty in real life. Get someone with a better camera so you get the depth. You did a beautiful job ~ Mom xo

    ReplyDelete