Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My very first post is about my failure to make my very first post!

So, after much prompting by many friends, I decided to start a blog.  I have my reasons why not to...I feel like by blogging I would be essentially saying that I think I am wonderful and interesting and all my readers are not.  I feel like my life isn't really that exciting.  I feel like I'll be bound to yet one more thing that takes me away from what really is important.  And last, and probably most true of all, is the fact that I really don't know how to start a blog or what to do with it once I've got one.

But I finally succumbed to the pressure, and I have my reasons for that too...I love to write.  I love to get mail.  I think any and every life is interesting if it is communicated properly (everybody has a story!). And possibly there is money involved...at least that's what I've been told!

So last night I secretly started a blog.  Big confession:  I didn't have the slightest idea what to do to get started.  That's why I did it secretly...even a fool is considered wise if she keeps her mouth shut!  So I googled "How to start a blog."  Seriously, I'm that ignorant.  Then I clicked on what looked like an informative site and began to read.  Then I bravely moved on to actually opening up a page.  It was fun to pick photos and backgrounds, but I was so slow!  Finally, my page was to a point where I felt I could quit and pick it up again the next day.  But...the next day I couldn't find it!  I tried a google search and nothing came up.  I tried looking for my name and also by City Girl - Country Girl and still came up blank.  Obviously because I am writing right now I found it, but it took me a long time, further reinforcing how inept I am and how I should probably not be doing this.  But here we go...I'll try it and see if I enjoy it, and more importantly, if anyone else enjoys it!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from your friend Jane...welcome to the blog world! You will quickly get the hang of it, and discover what a HUGE network of women blog...seriously, THOUSANDS. it is crazy! Just keep it up!

    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Karyn! I will be reading you. I might not need to borrow books from the library anymore!

    ReplyDelete